Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Birthdays

I am terrible at birthdays...but...I want to get better.So, I decided, for no particular reason, to get better at birthdays starting May 1st.
And, so far, I have been better at birthdays.
I have baked a strawberry pie and a strawberry cheesecake
I have bought presents and wrapped them and delivered them.
Well...one of them.
One of them came from amazon...4 weeks later than expected.
Birthdays are important.
They're a celebration of "Congrats, you did not die this year and thus are another year older".
Facebook is helpful for this...except that I would like to be reminded of birthday's of people I like about a month in advanced, please.
So, I put all my favorite peoples birthdays into my phone and when I'm bored, I look at my calender and try to commit them to memory.
I have 5 birthdays memorized.
It's a start.
I just bought a present for someone online...
Whose birthday was a month and 2 days ago.
Happy Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment