Monday, February 25, 2013

ICCAs, nudity and reckless popcorn making.

Sorry for no post yesterday.
ICCAs threw me through and exhaustion loop.
But, guess what?
3rd PLACE BABY CAKES!
Cloud 9's music director, Shane, with his 3rd place award!
Cloud 9!
UCSC's Cloud 9 ROCKED THE HOUSE!
And yes, it was just as ridiculous as you can imagine.
Our ICCA set will be up on youtube soon, and when it is, I will come back here and add a link to it.
You can always search "UCSC Cloud 9" into youtube to see some of our older shtuffz from years past and this year as well.
And in case you were wondering, our set included "Nature Boy", "All My Life" and "Lost in the World/Please Don't Stop the Music" mashup. And even though I despise Rhiannah's music beyond all musical things imaginable, that mashup is my favorite arrangement we've ever sang. So, props to Skylar, the leader of the great Sopranos, the one with perfect pitch, and the one with arrangement skillz bestowed to her by the Gods.
Or something.

This happened. 
Besides the ICCA excitement on Saturday, Sunday was relatively normal. Courtney and I listeend to "This American Life" and worked on our self portraits for our art class and then trekked over to the photo studio to pose for Cedar's "Body" project for her printmaking class. I feel like it should have been weird posing nude with my housemate while my other housemate photographed us for her project, but this isn't really the first time this has happened (ie: naked run, apartment figure drawing night, etc). We might embrace nudity too much for the average person, but hey, bodies are beautiful, and we enjoy celebrating them. After that, we all headed back to our apartment where Cedar decided to make popcorn for us. This lead to Cedar almost waking everyone up in our apartment building because she made popcorn the good-ole fashion way (on the stove with a pot) and then spilled the popcorn onto the burner which smoked a lot and set off our fire alarm. You could karate-chop the smoke in our apartment it was so thick. This not only made our apartment smell like burnt popcorn, but the entire hallway, seeing as Courtney and I opened every window and door to the outside world while Cedar fanned the fire alarm so that it would stop screaming and not alert the campus firemen and not set off the apartment fire alarm and force everyone to stand out in the cold at 1 in the morning.
And then we watched Walking Dead, which terrified me.
And that was my Sunday.
And Monday updates may become more regular than Sunday, but I don't know. College be cray or whatever. It really just depends on my schedule week to week.
AIGHTS?

Love,

       Neffie

No comments:

Post a Comment